This is a 50th Birthday card for a male friend, people think that it is hard to do cards for men, but I think this is a nice unisex card applicable for either.
Black Card Stock
Paperado Chocolate Card
Spectrum Noir Aquatints: Landscape
P430 Two Celtic triple knots
Cherry Pie Art Stamps - R515 MONOLITH (Stonehenge)
Distress Aged Mahogany
Memento Bamboo Leaves
Memento Gray Flannel
1) Load up the stonehenge stamp with versafine Black Onyx and stamp onto the watercolour card, allow to dry
2) Take the celtic knot and load the stamp with the aged mahogany - stamp 3 times (you might want to do a few spares)
3) Next matt some balck card onto the white card base covering it, then matt the chocolate coloured card on top of this - I left 5mm either side.
4) Allowing for a 5mm indent from the mated chocolate card stock, cut a rectangular piece of watercolour card
5) Using the landscape aquatint inks create a back ground. At the bottom I used the dar brown and the honey brown and then overlaid the green on to this.
6) The sky was done using a combination of the two blues and the grey, the clouds use a "faux bleach" technique. Set aside and allow to dry
7) Returning to the stonehenge print, load up a water pen brush with gray flannel and then use this to colour in the henge, set aside and wait for it to dry.
8) Clean the nib of the water pen brush and load it with bamboo shoots (stamp the ink pad onto an acrylic stamp board and pick the ink up from there). Colour in the white parts of the celtic knot with the bamboo laves green.
9) Carefully cut out the henge and the celtic knots.
10) Using PVA glue seal the rope on a bobbin at both ends and apply to the card (mine is roughly 4cm in from the left) and then attach the knots
11) Matt the henge onto the card.